When it comes to a bedroom, we want to have a comfortable and cozy one so it gives extra comfort for resting. Sometimes, you want to have cuddle time with your significant other and enjoy the time together whether to celebrate your wedding anniversary, Valentine’s day, birthday, or just simply to spend quality time all day together. However, in this global pandemic, it’s difficult to go outside so why not organizing a romantic night right in your own bedroom?
(You may want to read this: How to Optimize the Storage of Small Bedrooms with These 10 Tips)
Of course, organizing your special event by yourself, inside your own bedroom will give you extra satisfaction from the process to detailed decor items. Also, you can save more budget because you will be the one who chooses the materials and decorate it y yourself.
There are some supplies that you might need to create a romantic night right in your bedroom:
- Mood lightings (lamps, LED, etc.)
- Decorative lightings (string or fairy light – optional)
- Scented candles
- Aromatherapy oils/diffuser (optional)
- Rose petals (optional)
- Audio player (optional)
As you can see that these supplies are quite simple and affordable to buy so you don’t need to buy tons of luxurious stuff that you will no longer use once the event is wrapped up.
(You may want to read this: How to create a relaxing bedroom and get a good night’s sleep?)
Lighting is The Key
- First of all, make sure to switch off your overhead lighting or bright chandelier because you don’t want to have a romantic ambiance with lighting that is too bright. Why? Simple, because if it’s too bright, where’s the romantic atmosphere comes from?
- For lightings, replace your usual bright lighting with softer, warmer, and dimmer light by using mood lightings from LED lamps or fairy lights. With this kind of lighting, you can create a more romantic look that looks different from your normal bedroom ambiance.
(You may want to read this: Farmhouse Guest Bedroom: The Complete Guide, Tips, and Ideas)
Scented Candles on The Rescue
- Another option that can add both a decorative look and a relaxing vibe is scented candles. This is the basic item that many people use to create a romantic look. Try to choose candles with a soft scent because it can stimulate the mood even more. Instead of using colored candles, choose white ones with different sizes so it looks more balanced. Once you get the candles, put them in a group in some corners of the bedroom with a combination of various sizes.
- If scented candles are not your style and you already have aromatherapy oils and a diffuser, you may also use them to save more budget for other stuff.
(You may want to read this: Five Key Aspects to Find The Right Bedroom Furniture for Your Needs)
Enhance with Rose Petals
- Rose petals are optional items that you can use to enhance the romantic atmosphere even more. Of course, you don’t have to use real rose petals because it may hard to find. You can use whether artificial petals or confetti with petals shapes. It can be used in the bed, floor, bathtub, or stairs if your bedroom is upstairs.
(You may want to read this: 7 Ways How The Smell of Lemon In Your Bedroom Saves Your Life)
Complete It with Music
Although this point is optional, you might still want to consider using this method to add a more romantic vibe by playing slow romantic songs, especially if you have memorable songs that your other half and you know. Other than music, you can also complete the coziness by adding another decoration like a canopy, draperies, and silk fabric in warm or vibrant colors.
Now, you don’t have to go to a luxury hotel or resort to get a romantic night because you can get it by yourself right in your bedroom!