A mirror is surely an inseparable part of every bathroom. This is a must-have accessory that provides lots of benefits for you.
The main function of a mirror inside a bathroom is obviously to help you check out how you look. Then, from the layout perspective, a mirror can give a wide and bright impression to the bathroom beautifully.
(You may also like: 15+ Gorgeous Colored Bathroom Vanity Ideas)
But, there will be a time that you may need to remodel or simply clean up your bathroom in which you’ll have to remove the mirror to do so. Knowing the proper steps to remove it is a must since it may risk your comfort.
Removing a mirror which is hung by clips is actually not a hard thing to do. You can easily get this thing done in a matter of minutes without any needs of tricky elbow grease, but if only you properly know how to do it.
(Recommended to read: How to Remove Mold From Walls In Bathroom)
Here, we share you an easy guide to how to remove bathroom mirror with clips that you can use for your ultimate reference!
How To Remove Bathroom Mirror With Clips
Things that you will need to prepare:
- Painter’s masking tape
- Eye goggles
(You will love to see these: Top 20 Deep Bathtubs for Small Bathrooms)
Steps that you will need to do:
- Since removing mirror is always a riskful thing to do, being safe is all you need to keep in mind. To begin the step, apply the masking tape to the mirror in diagonal, vertical, and horizontal position. This will minimize the risk of injury in case the mirror crack or even break.
- Start unscrewing and removing the side clips first then pull the screw by simply using your fingers.
- Loosen the bottom clips and do not remove it since it may cause the mirror to fall down.
- Hold the mirror with one hand as you remove the top clips. It will help the mirror to stay in place. Getting some help from an assistant is very recommended.
- Now you can remove the mirror from its place, and do it very carefully.
- Keep in mind to carry the mirror in a vertical position to prevent cracking. If you carry it horizontally, the mirror can get stressed by its own weight.
So those are some steps that you can use as a simple and easy guide to answer your how to remove bathroom mirror with clips. Now you can do it properly without risking yourself too much.
(Read also: How to Remove Mold From Walls In Bathroom)
Always keep in mind that mirror is an extremely fragile stuff that needs a careful hand to deal with. It can easily break or its sharp edge may hurt your fingers which, of course, cause some serious injuries that you will not want to experience.
Therefore, wearing thick safety glove is must, and having an assistant to help you out with this project will be more convenient.