Decorating your patio is never complete without adding a rug on its floor. Outdoor rugs truly beautify the look of your patio and make it very comfortable and inviting. When you have placed some chairs, tables, couches, and other furniture, placing a rug is something that you can’t leave behind.
Besides giving a nice aesthetical look, outdoor rugs for patio which made from durable material, will also protect the flooring from dust, dirt, and weather-related moisture. That is the one thing which makes outdoor rugs are different from the indoor ones, they are way more durable. It is, for sure, to make them withstand the direct weather’s harm in outside area.
There are numbers of outdoor rugs for patio that you can choose which means you have to carefully choose the right one to be placed on your outdoor space. Most of the outdoor rugs are sold quite pricey, so you will need some considerations to choose the one which really suits your need. Keep scrolling to find out the guides to purchase the good outdoor rugs.
Outdoor Rugs For Patio Buying Guides
Choose The Right Material
There are two kinds of outdoor rugs for patio’s material which are natural and synthetic. They both have some pros and cons that you have to think about before deciding to choose one, as follows:
You will find the rugs which are made from bamboo, sisal, hemp, jute, and seagrass. They have nice textures and perfect to match with backyard surroundings.
- Pros: Natural rugs provide a more luxurious and comfortable addition to your patio. They are sustainable, sound absorbent, and gives much value to your outdoor space.
- Cons: The first thing that you have to know, this material is more expensive than the synthetic one. Natural rugs are not as durable as the man-made material, they can’t really stand to the heavy moisture. They commonly need to be placed in covered areas, or they will be torn apart quickly.
This is the common rug’s material, you will find the materials of outdoor rugs for patio like polypropylene, nylon, polyester, and acrylic.
- Pros: This is the best option if you are looking for inexpensive patio’s accessory. Synthetic rugs are available in a wider variety of colors and designs. They are lightweight, can get wet and dry quickly.
- Cons: Synthetic rugs are less comfortable and luxurious.
Choose the Right Size
There are various dimension and shape of outdoor rugs in the market, when you shop for one, imagine how it will fit your patio. Think about how much of the space that you want to cover, measure the area to determine the right size of the rug that you are going to purchase.
If you want to place your patio furniture on top of the rug, it should be able to occupy them totally. All the furniture legs should be placed on the rug. You can also buy some smaller rugs to cover a large patio with numbers of furniture and accessories.
Choose the Right Shape
Pick the right rug’s shape to match perfectly with your patio’s design. The large patio with seating groupings can be matched with a rectangular or square rug. If you place a round table, you can match it with a round rug too. However, don’t be afraid to think out of the box in choosing the shape of a patio’s rug since you will find numbers of strange and unique rugs.
Choose the Right Color and Pattern
Perhaps you will get confused in choosing the right color and pattern of outdoor rugs for patio. There are plenty of rug’s designs that you will find. You can go with the plain rugs or those which come with the attractive pattern. You have to choose the one which blends well with your patio’s appearance.
Consider the color of your patio’s furniture and how much of the rug will be seen. The patio with natural wood furniture works well with solid colors like orange or red, while the soft-colored furniture like white or gray can be matched with bright blue rugs with some cream stripes. If you prefer the bold pattern rug, place it under the dining table, because it will look too overwhelming to stand out alone.
But always, being experimental to mix and match the patio’s accessories is always a brilliant idea.
Choose the Easy to Maintain Rug
Outdoor rugs can’t be avoided from the dirt buildup, and choosing the one which is easy to clean up is a wise thought. Rugs which made from jute and bamboo are resistant to dirt naturally, or you can choose the stain-resistant rugs which can easily hosed down.
Techniques to clean the rugs are different, they are based on the manufacturer’s recommendation and the materials. The rugs wich are made from jute cannot be treated the same as the acrylic rugs. Here we have some rugs cleaning tips that you can apply in maintaining them.
- To vanish the moss and algae of your rugs, you can use the diluted bleach or vinegar.
- Do not scrub the stain of the rug, or you will not remove the stain, but just push it deeper. Always use blotting technique to remove the stains.
- When you find debris which is hard to remove in the fibers of the rug, you can use a scraper to remove it.
- Shake the outdoor rug regularly to avoid the debris to be collected in the fiber.
- Sweep the underside of the rug regularly to prevent it from damage.
- Vacuum the rug as you do to the indoor one.
- You can clean the outdoor rug monthly or at the beginning and end of the season.
Choosing the right outdoor rugs for patio needs a lot of considerations. One of the most important things is, don’t get distracted by the gorgeous look of the rugs, they also have to be weather resistant since they will be placed outside of your house. Still, outdoor rug is not a lifetime patio’s accessory, you will need to replace it someday, think about it before you spend too much money to buy it.