Are you looking for some chic decor items to beautify your dining room? Well, you have come to the right place. In this article, you will see a very easy tutorial to create a gorgeous decor item made of easily available materials that will not cost you a lot at all.
When it comes to decorating a dining room, adding candles will always be on top of the list, here’s why:
- Candles instantly bring ambiance to the room – Once you got some candles in the room, they can work very well in beautifying and comforting the nuance at the same time. They make the room feel warm, add more lighting sources, and spark up the overall look inside.
- Candles wonderfully bring fragrance to the room – Today, you can find tons of scented candles that will make everyone love to stay inside the room even for a whole day. From vanilla to lavender, you can always choose the perfect scent that suits your desire. Even more, scented candles also give a lot of benefits for your health, like orange-scented candles can work to reduce your stress or peppermint-scented candles can give you more focus.
- Candles keep the tradition alive – A lot of traditions whether it’s related to culture or religion always involve candles as one of the elements. You can’t have a joyful Christmas or intimate Thanksgiving without any candles around the room.
But, candles can’t do the job alone. They need a holder to keep it in place securely and beautifully. Candle holders are designed in various styles and made of various materials that you can choose based on your need. You can always find the ones with striking designs in the market, but perhaps, they can be quite pricey.
(Read also: How to Style Up Your Living Room with Curtains Properly and Beautifully)
So, to save your budget and kill your pandemic boredom, why not make some candle holders all by yourself? You can use some easy materials around you and turn them into beautiful decor items for your dining room.
Just keep scrolling to find out the easy tutorial to create a gorgeous earthy candle holder!
DIY Earthy Candle Holder
In this tutorial, you only need some cheap materials or you may get them for free! The steps are very easy to follow and you can finish the project in a blink of an eye!
Prepare these materials:
- Clear glass bottles
- Branches (spruce branches are the best)
- Decorative gravel (optional)
Follow these steps:
- Clean up the glass bottles so you can get a clear-transparent look. Make sure that there’s no spot left on the bottle surface that may make it look less attractive.
- If you can find the branches around your neighborhood, simply pick one and clean it if necessary. Alternatively, you can purchase the branches from your local florist
- Fill the bottle with water until it reaches the lower part of its neck.
- Add the branches into the bottle, adjust the position if necessary. You can also add decorative gravel to the bottom of the bottles.
- Screw the candlestick to the bottle, make sure it fits securely.