A touch of a curtain can instantly enhance the beauty of your living room. It even becomes one of the main focal points of the rooms which determines the overall look inside.
With tons of curtains styles available in the market, it can be confusing to choose the one that fits perfectly and beautifully with your living room decor. If you don’t carefully choose the right curtain, it may ruin the nuance inside.
So here, we have some steps that you can keep in mind when you are planning on adding or changing the curtain of your living room. Just keep scrolling to find out 5 tips on how to style up your living room.
How to Style Up Your Living Room with Curtains
Determine the Type of Curtain
The first step is to determine the type of curtain that you need. There are at least 10 types of curtains that are commonly used for living room decors such as sheer curtains, blackout curtains, grommet curtains, Priscilla curtains, curtain panels, pinch pleated drapes, tab top panels, cafe curtains, thermal curtains, and valances.
There are some steps that you can keep in mind to choose the right curtain type:
- Visualize how you want the curtain to beautify your living room
- If you already decorate your living room with particular themes, choose the type of curtain that fits it well. For instance, sheer curtain can be a good choice for you who have a minimalist-style living room.
- Match the color and texture of the curtain with other focal points of the room like the furniture or wall art.
Measure the Size of the Curtain
When it comes to size, the length of the curtain is the first thing that you have to think about. In general, the size of the curtains are divided into three categories, which are:
- Floor-to-ceiling curtain – As you may have known, the long curtain which hangs from the ceiling down to the flooring is the most popular one. It suits well for you who have a large window and high ceiling.
- Short curtain – Of course, curtains of this size are good for you who have small windows or the ones that don’t touch the floor. Short curtains are also good for you who have pets or kids that run here and there, so it’s a more practical option.
- Cafe curtain – Cafe curtain is one of the most unique types which is distinguished by how it styles the window. Basically, it’s a short curtain, but it’s only used to cover the bottom portion of your window.
Color, texture, and pattern
The last step is all about the visual which actually can beautify or ruin your living room. Remember, curtain is the focal point of the room (especially the long one), don’t let it intimidate the nuance of the room by its presence.
If you already pack your living room with tons of color, texture, and patterns derived from other decor items, choose the one with a neutral color. You can go with curtains with striking color, pattern, and texture to enhance a living room with a neutral overall look.
Happy decorating your living room!