Mugs don’t only work to accompany your relaxing time with some hot chocolate or tea, but they can also become chic decor items in your kitchen. Their catchy colors, patterns, and even shape can give a more attractive touch to the room’s overall look.
So, instead of hiding your beloved mugs inside your kitchen cabinet, why don’t you showcase them around? They will surely make another focal point of the decor that catches everyone’s attention.
One of the best options to openly store your mugs is the hanging shelf with mug hooks. You can just simply hang them on the storage and they will instantly enhance the beauty of the decor.
A hanging shelf is also good for you who have a kitchen with limited space. It can provide additional storage without taking a lot of space, so you can store more stuff inside your cabinet that doesn’t necessarily need to be showcased.
Of course, there are tons of hanging shelves that you can find in the market which are made of various materials and designed in various styles. However, they might be quite pricey, especially if you want to have the one with a complicated design.
(Read also: How to Add Luxury to a Bathroom | 5 Simple and Cheap Steps to Try)
So, why not create your very own hanging shelf that can work to keep your mugs neatly in the kitchen? Well, in this article, we share with you a tutorial on how to create a DIY mugs holder that you will totally adore!
Just keep scrolling to get inspired!
How to Make A DIY Hanging Mugs Holder
Heads up: this gorgeous DIY hanging mugs holder fit perfectly for you who love farmhouse decorating style
Prepare these materials:
- Wood shipping pallets, if you prefer the used one, make sure that it’s in great condition
- Hanging hardware
- Mug hooks
- Wood coating
- Wood sander
Follow these steps:
- Measure how big you want your shelf, and cut the pallet accordingly with a jigsaw. Be careful in executing this step since it involves sharp tools, wear safety gear like gloves and eye goggles.
- After you get the base of your shelf, add two wood planks, one for the top and one for the bottom of the shelf. Strongly attach the woods since they will work to add more sturdiness to the structure of the shelf.
- If you have one, it would be great to use an electric sander to smoothen the surface of the wood.
- Stain the entire shelf to make it look more attractive and let it dry completely.
- Attach the mug hooks to each wood plank of the pallet (except for the additional lower and upper planks). Keep in mind that the distance between the hook is measured properly.
- The last step is attaching the hanging hardware to the back of the wood. It has to be as sturdy as possible since mugs can be heavy.
To make the shelf look more adorable, you can add some fake greenery and draw something on the shelf. The design of rustic style of the shelf will suit perfectly for you who have a kitchen farmhouse or vintage decorating style.