In a small-minimalist home, a kitchen is mostly the room that is ‘left behind’ or built as compact as possible. Kitchen is often considered as a not-so-important part of the house, as long as you can cook your casual daily food, it doesn’t have to have ample space.
In fact, a kitchen can be a room that works as the hub of the house where you can do a lot of activities besides cooking. Especially these days, when you have to spend most of your time inside your house, you might get bored staying all day in your bedroom or living room, so it surely sounds like a great idea to turn your kitchen into another comforting space to seize your day.
Even if you have a tiny kitchen, it doesn’t mean you can’t have the cozy one where you can simply read some books, browse some news, have a chill chat with your friends, or even finish your job. But, of course, you have to utilize every inch of the room as efficiently as possible.
One of the obstacles that you may face in decorating a small kitchen is to provide enough storage to store your kitchen stuff without taking a lot of space. You have to make sure that those appliances and equipment don’t turn your kitchen into a complete mess.
Here, we share with you an easy tutorial to create a kitchen pegboard storage that you will surely adore!
DIY Kitchen Pegboard Storage Tutorial
Pegboard offers a chic solution for you who want to add more storage to any room and the kitchen is no exception. In fact, this DIY kitchen pegboard storage will also give a more striking touch to the overall look of the room.
Prepare these materials:
- One or two pegboards, depending on your needs
- Bracing woods, choose the ones in the same length as the pegboards
- Paint, optional
Prepare these tools:
- Paintbrush, optional
- Hammer, optional
Follow these steps:
- If you want to match the color of the pegboard with the accent wall of your kitchen, then you need to paint it with any desired color. You may need to leave the pegboard overnight to make sure that it’s completely dry.
- Create the frame to which you will attach the pegboard by securing the bracing woods onto the wall. Make sure that the size of the frame suits the pegboard properly.
- Screw the pegboard onto the frame. Keep in mind that it has to be as sturdy as possible as you may hang some heavy stuff.
- Additionally, you can draw some outlines to which you will hang each of the appliances or equipment by using a permanent marker. It will let you put each stuff in the same place.
So, that is the easy tutorial on how to turn a pegboard into a chic kitchen storage. It can be a good alternative for you who don’t have a pantry or already stuffed your kitchen cabinet!