Mold extremely grows in areas in which it occurs a water vapor forming filling a cold surface that changes the vapor into a liquid. Commonly, the worst place vulnerable to mold is the bathroom. The spots which are very easy to find mold growing includes the wall and ceiling.
The mold also grows in a place where the water leak occurs. The places under the sink and shower are really prone to mold too. Whether you want it or not, you absolutely must prevent those areas well.
With the running bathroom fan and opening windows, they are the best way in preventing the mold going down. However, those ways are not enough to decrease the mold. You have to do some handy jobs to directly remove the mold on the wall.
Here, we will explain the right ways to remove the ugly mold on the wall. But, before we take a point, it is better to know the signs of mold that might appears on the wall. Well, if feel confused to take care of those mold growing on your wall, we will guide you to get the problem done.
Remove Mold From Walls In Bathroom
The Signs of Mold on the Walls
The mold on the wall emerges some signs that you may find disgusting. The most obvious signs that you can find are the orange, brown, green even the black spot on the wall. There are some unsavory signs that you can detect on your bathroom wall, such as:
- Peeling or cracked the wall paint
- Musty smell
- Black streaks
After finding the signs above on your bathroom wall, you have to start to remove mold from walls in bathroom immediately. For removing the mold, you don’t have to ask the workman, why not to try your own way to do the project. Furthermore, to give you the easy ways to remove mold from walls in bathroom, we have some simple steps that you can do on your own.
DIY: How to Remove the Mold on the Bathroom Wall
To remove mold from walls in bathroom is not a hard way for you. There are some simple ways that you can do to remove them easily. We can start with natural ingredients to secure the wall paint and texture. If the natural ways can’t remove it soon, you can continue to use the chemical or stronger substance.
By applying the chemical to the wall, you have to be careful in doing such steps. Using some safety gears like the old clothing of rubber gloves is a must for you. Then, it is important to protect your wall and your skin by chemical touching.
Removing the Mold (1st Way)
The Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons borax
- 2 cups very warm water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing until they are completely solvable.
- Pour it into a spray bottle. Shake it and spray on mold bathroom wall or other surfaces.
- After that, scrub and wipe using an old cloth well.
- Lastly, spray again and wait for 10 minutes before drying it up.
Removing Mold (2nd Way)
The Ingredients You Need:
- 1/4 cup bleach
- 2 cups warm water
- Dissolve the bleach and the water well.
- Fill the mixture into the spray bottle to ease application.
- Now, spray it into the mold wall, tile or other surfaces in your bathroom.
- Scrub and wipe the wall well. Reapply if the mold still remains.
- Wait it for 5-10 minutes before scrubbing.
- Wipe the wall using the old cloth evenly.
How to Prevent the Mold
There are some steps in preventing the mold, and you have to rountinely do it, which are:
- Using the bathroom fan after bathing at least for 15 minutes
- Leave the bathroom lights on for 30 minutes after shower
- Hanging up the towels
- Keep the shower room doors to circulate the air well
- Spray and clean the bathroom wall routinely
- Keep the bathroom clean weekly
To make you easier in removing the mold on your bathroom wall, here we show you a tutorial video. Hopefully, it will guide you to do the steps well. Good Luck!!!