If you live in a small home and wish to make it more spacious without moving, you found the right place. Many interior designers recommend a good decluttering practice to make your compact home look and feel larger.
This post contains the top 10 easiest ways and ideas to add more space to your home. Read on to know further.
- Loft Conversion – The internet has various loft conversion ideas you can take inspiration from. Work with loft conversion experts in your area to use the unused and available rooms in your home.
- Have a Skylight – Your room feels stuffy without the skylights. Installing a skylight is a simple way to make your space feel more spacious without integrating additional rooms.
- Use Better Storage Solutions – Using a better storage solution gives you more space and aids in your item organization job. Aside from that, it would be easier for you to retrieve things from storage.
- Declutter Your Shelves – Decluttering is one of the enjoyable activities you can do to give your home an extra space. As you declutter, you may be thinking about where you should put all these items without taking much space. One way you can do this is to add loft storage. Loft conversions in north London are highly patronized by many because it gives you additional space without compromising the overall aesthetic of your home.
- Hide Those Cords – Do you have wired televisions? If so, it would be hard for you to hide those unwanted wires. Fortunately, you can find a wall TV support with spaces specifically designed to hide those extra cords. Aside from that, you can also use these spaces in storing other things, such as the TV remote control and DVDs. Doing so maximizes your room space and makes it look cleaner and sleeker.
- 6. Use Multifunctional Furniture – If your kitchen does not have enough space to install a permanent dining table, why not combine it with other furniture in your house? For instance, you can install a foldable table attached to your kitchen cabinet for a more modern and roomier look.
- Organize Your Groceries – Many homeowners find it challenging to look for a permanent space where they can store their grocery items. Storing your grocery items in a bag will take up much space in your home and look more cluttered. In that case, it would be best to use file boxes instead of plastic bags. You can use this to keep your groceries without compromising much space.
- Turn Your Bathtub Into A Storage Area – With basic knowledge and skills in DIY, you can integrate a mini cabinet with your bathtub for additional storage to keep your bath essentials.
- Add Pegboards – Pegboards are perfect for tiny homes or apartments. You can use them in organizing small items in your preferred way. You can see these pegboards primarily hung in the bedroom or kitchen.
- Take Advantage Of The Corners – You can use every corner in your home as additional storage. For example, the corner of your door can be used as a bookshelf. Again, basic DIY skills can make this happen.
There you have it! Make your small home look and feel roomier with these tips and ideas. You may consider building a mansard loft conversion for additional space to store larger items.