When you are decorating your backyard or pond, adding a fountain should one of your primary considerations. The sound of the endless moving water is so exhilarating and relaxing. It will definitely enhance the beauty and comfort of your outdoor living space.
There are so many backyard’s fountain ideas with their own attractive and fascinating design. It is surely essential to have a beautiful fountain if you are about to install one because it should be joyful to watch too. The unique fountain style will not only beautify your garden but also amaze all the coming guests.
You can just easily buy the fountain in the market, with various prices. But mostly, the most beautiful and distinctive one is quite pricey. Then buying the usual one is your final decision.
The Vortex Fountain perhaps one of the most popular fountain designs today, and it is originally created by the Tills Innovations. It is very understandable because the look of this fountain is absolutely fascinating and jaw dropping with its endless tornado water. It is like a real wow-factor for your outdoor space. However, the price of this sophisticated fountain is quite pricey, it is offered at around $2,500 for one unit. But don’t worry, you can make your very own Vortex Fountain by yourself easily. Just buy some affordable stuff online, then you are ready to build your own Vortex Fountain.
Check it out!
DIY Vortex Fountain
The project cost is around $185, you can get all the materials online or just go the local decor store. The fountain can be placed in the living room too, to add some water feature in the interior of the house. The led makes the fountain looks way more dramatic to enjoy in the evening.
The materials that you will need:
- Transparent Acrylic Vase ($38)
- Aquarium Pump ($94)
- PVC Clear Tubing ($24)
- Power source 12 volts ($10)
- Waterproof LED Strip ($11.7)
- Flower pot + saucer ($8)
The tools that you will need:
- Electrical grill
How to make the vortex fountain:
- Make two holes in the bottom of the transparent vases, at its center and its side by the marker. The side hole should fit the brass diameter and the center one fits PVC tubing diameter.
- Mark the holes on the vase onto the saucer, grill the saucer to make te exact same holes.
- Place the elbow brass fitting in the side hole, then place the saucer.
- Make some small holes around the bottom part of the saucer.
- Fit the pump to brass using the PVC tube.
- Start to fill the water, and enjoy your Vortex Water Fountain!
This DIY Vortex Fountain is such a fascinating water feature which surprisingly cost much lower than buying the original one. The materials are easily available, and the steps are easy to follow. You can build the bigger fountain by purchasing the bigger transparent vase, and you will also need a bigger pump for it.
Always be careful in executing the project, and wear some safety stuff if it’s necessary. This project is not recommended to follow by those who are under 17 since it involves some risky steps.