We love our pets, there’s no doubt about it, but pets are pets, right? They sometime make a mess (a lot) around your best decor items without them knowing it. The urine, poop, and even vomit can really turn your beautiful home into a complete mess.
When it comes carpet, the way to handle the mess can be quite complicated. You need to execute the job in a very careful way.
Below, we share with you a quick tutorial on How to Clean Bedroom Carpet that you can follow easily.
How to Clean Pet Stains From Carpet
Prepare these supplies:
- Distilled white vinegar
- Cool water
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Spray bottle
- Soft bristle brush
- Old knife or spatula
- Old rag or white paper towels
Follow these steps:
- Remove the solids first once you find the mess on the carpet as soon as possible and use the old rag or white paper towels to absorb the urine stains. You may need to use an old shoe to press the towels firmly so you can soak up as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the distilled white vingear and cool water in an equal amount. Add the mixture into a spray bottle for a more convenient use.
- Spray the cleaning solution onto the affected area, Make sure that it’s enough to wet the backing of the carpet as well. Work the solution deep into the fibers on the carpet by using the soft-bristle brush.
- Remove the remaining cleaning solution with another clean paper towels and allow the carpet to air-dry.
- Once the affected area is completely dry, sprinkle some baking soda over it. Then, mix two cups of cool water with hydrogen peroxide in the spray bottle. Spray the solution immediately as hydrogen perxode will turn into our water when it’s exposed to light. Work the solution by using a soft bristled brush.
- Absorb all the moisture using dry cloth or vacuum for faster process. Let it air-dry but away from direct heat.
- You may need to repeat the step if the stain is too difficult to remove with a single action.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that you need to lift the carpet if you have wooden flooring in your home. The cleaning solution and other chemicals may damage the surface of the flooring.
Remember that the step is only applicable to fresh stains. If the stains have stayed for quite some times, you may need a deeper cleaning method.
It’s very important for you to clean up your pet mess as soon as it stains the carpet. If you leave it untreated, you will find that your carpet looks so ugly and smells really bad. Furthermore, pet mess can also permanently discolor your carpet.
The last thing that you need to avoid is to overwet the carpet since it can lead to mold and mildew problem. Always make sure that the carpet is completely dry before you sit or place anything on the frehsly-cleaned area.
(Image source: depositphotos.com)