The blooming season is coming, and the invasion of pollen is also ready to sweep through your backyard. It means the pieces of your gorgeous outdoor furniture need to get cleaned up immediately to avoid further problems.
Below, we share with you an easy tutorial on how to clean pollen from outdoor furniture that you can do all by yourself in no time.
How to Clean Pollen From Outdoor Furniture
Prepare these supplies:
- Clean water
- Dish soap
- Cleaning cloth
- Course sponge
- Spray bottle
- Pressure washer, if necessary
Follow these steps:
Wipe your furniture
Pollen is not that difficult to remove in which you can simply wipe down the furniture to get the job done. Here’s what you can do:
- Mix some water and dish soap in a spray bottle until you get a nice soapy mixture.
- Apply the cleaning mixture to the entire surface of the furniture, don’t miss the difficult spots.
- Let the cleaning solution sit for a few minutes.
- Scrub the furniture thoroughly with a course sponge which works really well to remove tough pollen. You may need to put more elbow grease on the heavily affected area of your outdoor furniture.
- Once you are sure that you have completely cleaned the pollen, wipe the pieces with a cleaning cloth.
If the coarse sponge doesn’t really handle the pollen, you can use a roll of tape. The sticky side of the tape can lift the pollen deposits. Do this before you wipe down the furniture.
Further cleaning, if necessary
Do this step if you haven’t cleaned your outdoor furniture in a while, so if you regularly wash the pieces, you can move to the next step.
To further clean outdoor furniture, you will need a pressure washer that works great to eradicate the toughest pollen spots. Of course, the difficult mildew, grime, and dirt will also get cleaned up altogether.
If you don’t have a pressure washer or are not handy enough to use it, you may want to consider hiring a pro to get the job done. You may need to spend some cash but they will save a lot of your time.
Dry them up
After washing the furniture, you have to always make sure that it’s completely dry before you use it. The pollen will stick easily on wet outdoor furniture, so the steps above will just go to waste. Wipe down the pieces with a dry cloth as soon as you finished washing them.
(You may also like: 15+ Practical Ideas on How to Organize a Vanity to Try Now)
When do you need to clean pollen from your outdoor furniture?
When spring comes, you need to wipe down your outdoor furniture once a week. It’s a simple yet effective way to keep the pieces clean during the blooming season. During summer, you just have to clean them every two weeks.
However, if you live in an area with a lot of lush greeneries, you might want to clean the pollen more often.