No one likes to deal with plumbing problems. Plumbing issues are inconvenient at best and absolute disasters at worst. If you want to avoid leaks, clogs, burst pipes, and other plumbing problems, then this article is for you. Here at Rooter Hero Plumbing, we like to get to the root of the problem and nip it in the bud. The following maintenance tips will help you prevent plumbing problems in the first place. If you do end up needing a Plumber in Corona, then feel free to call Rooter Hero Plumbing. We offer a wide range of plumbing services, including repairs, replacements, and installations. Call Rooter Hero plumbing now if you need an emergency plumbing repair in Corona.
What’s In Your Drains?
Pipes and drains make up a large majority of the plumbing system. Pipes guide clean water into your household plumbing fixtures, and drains lead waste and wastewater away from your property. Unfortunately, these tubes are susceptible to corrosion, rusting, and – of course – clogging. Here’s what we suggest:
- Install drain filters, garbage disposals, and grease traps.
- ONLY flush toilet paper, pee, and poo. EVERYTHING ELSE should go in the trash bin. That includes wet wipes, diapers, kitty litter, hygiene products, cotton balls, cotton swabs, and so forth!
- Do NOT throw fibrous foods or fats, oils, and greases into the kitchen sink. Used fats, oils, and greases should be put in a container to throw out later (once they have hardened).
- Rinse drains with hot water after using them. Flush drains with vinegar and baking soda once every few months. Finally, schedule professional drain cleaning once every couple of years.
- Install a water filtration system to prevent mineral and sediment buildup in your water lines.
- Insulate exposed pipes to prevent freezing and damage.
Keep Up with Your Appliances
Your water heater, dishwasher, laundry machine, and other appliances are valuable conveniences. Rather, they are expensive conveniences. So, it is important that you do your part to make sure the appliances last as long as possible. Here are some tips:
- Address a running toilet without delay.
- Flush your water heater tank once or twice a year to prevent sediment buildup.
- Inspect appliance hoses for water leaks.
- Inspect appliance hoses and drains for clogs, and clean out obstacles.
- Clean faucets and showerheads with vinegar periodically.
- Install water filtration systems to prevent clogs and blockages.
- Make sure the water pressure is between 40 and 60 PSI.
Want to Leave the Plumbing Work to the Professionals?
Your plumbing system is incredibly important. Without it, you would have to bring in clean water and dispose of wastewater MANUALLY. Luckily, you have professionals like Rooter Hero Plumbing to help you. If you prefer to leaving plumbing maintenance and repairs to trained and experienced plumbers, then call Rooter Hero today. We are proud to serve Corona and all surrounding areas. Our friendly representatives are on standby to take your call. Don’t forget to explore our website to find applicable discounts, coupons, and promotional offers!