The siding of your home is the first thing that visitors notice. Protecting the exterior walls of your house is of supreme quality in defending against inclement weather such as the sun, wind and cold, rain, and snow, which will provide you with a comfortable environment to live in aesthetically.
Siding, also called wall cladding, will protect and secure your home, furnishing the beauty of your home depending on the material, style, and design you choose for the process. It will also give an excellent curb appeal to your home, which is an added benefit if you decide to sell your house. Adding to that, it consists of weather-resistant material, which will allow expansion and contraction of building materials due to changes in moisture and temperature.
Here are the reasons you should consider before replacing the siding in your home.
Choose the Suitable Siding:
The type of siding that best fits your home is a predominant factor to consider while replacing siding in your home. The below list gives you some siding options:
- Fibre cement siding – This siding gives you a clear-cut finish to your home that will last for a long time, improving its durability.
- Vinyl siding – This is an affordable type of siding that comes in a wide range of colors which is not as durable as the others.
- Stone veneer siding – This is cheap and lightweight, giving the touch of natural stones on a home, assisting in easy replacement.
- Cedar siding – Cedar shakes, lap, or shingles look great but can become weathered over time.
Pick the Right Siding Colour:
The task of replacing your home siding with a newer one will completely transform the appearance of your home aesthetically and functionally. It will also add the benefit of buyers buying your house and improve its value.
Picking the right color for your siding is a foremost factor in an efficient siding replacement, which helps fade avoidance and discoloration.
- If you live in a hot climate region, it is preferable to give a light shade as it reduces heat absorption.
- Choosing light color saves money and energy, chilling up your home during summer.
- Check if your picked color matches and suits the colors of the doors and windows of your home.
- Also, consider the material of the siding while choosing color as wood siding can be replaced in the future and needs to be repainted with a chance of color change. Vinyl siding is much harder to paint, and the maintenance-free benefit will disappear.
Consideration of Cracks and Damages:
Pests, moisture, or molds could enter your home if there is a cracked siding, damaging the structure of the entire house. The fiber cement siding is a high-quality, versatile material that fixes the building cracks and enhances its durability. It is versatile and comes in different colors and textures.
Decide the Best Siding Material That Suits Your Home:
Choosing the best siding material is the most significant decision in your home siding replacement. Trying to answer the below-given questions will give you a solution in choosing the siding material.
- What type of siding materials is preferred by your neighborhood?
- Which type of siding suits your region’s climate?
- Do you involve in the maintenance of your home siding frequently?
- Are you financially supported to afford the best siding for your home?
- Do you want a rustic-classy look or a modernly-styled look with various colors and textures?
- How about preferring a siding material that will protect against pests and provides fireproof and water-resistant facilities?
Activities That Will Help in the Siding Replacement Process:
- If there are any old nails or paints on your siding, use a utility knife to remove them carefully.
- Clean the exterior area of your house by trimming the shrubs and trees that might get in the way of the siding replacement process.
- There are possibilities that the hangings on the interior walls of your house may get disturbed. So, place these interior wall hangings in a safe place by removing them from the wall.
- Being a noisy process, keep your pets and children away from the siding replacement process.
- To prevent shock or any harm, the working crew members advise to turn off the electricity of the exterior lights.
- Establish good communication with the siding contractor and discuss the working hours, weekend working options, and other extra materials needed in the siding replacement process.
Enrich the look of your home by replacing the siding by contacting a new siding company that serves in the complete installation process.
Image by Depositphotos