A bathroom is a place where we clean ourselves to get the fresher and more hygiene feels daily. It’s a must-have room to every house in which its existence is surely essential.
Making the bathroom always looks and feels inviting is definitely the homeowner’s obligation. We have to keep the bathroom always in its best condition all the time to provide great comfort for us as the homeowner, and all the coming guests.
However, the bathroom is such a place which is so prone to smell. It’s surely unpleasant to use the room when the annoying smell fills it.
(You may also like:A�15+ Gorgeous Colored Bathroom Vanity Ideas That Perfect for Your Bathroom)
The common source of such smell mainly comes from the sink drain where the bacteria and residue can be trapped there for a long time. In fact, the smelly bathroom sink drain is such a common problem where almost every homeowner has to deal with.
So you may need the easiest and, of course, the cheapest way on howA�to get rid of smelly drains in bathroom since the issue is absolutely terrifying. For sure, you can always use the chemical which is available on the market, but trust us, that is not a wise idea.
(Check this out:A�DIY: How To Clean Bathroom Sink Drain and Stopper)
Besides they are sold expensively, using certain chemical always relates to the side effect that it may cause. Especially for the bathroom, where you must use it every single day.
Luckily, there is a much wiser solution to answer your ‘howA�to get rid of smelly drains in bathroom?’, which involves the cheap and easily available household stuff. Moreover, you can do it all by yourself in no time.
Keep reading for the materials and things to handle this smelly bathroom problem!
How To Get Rid Of Smelly Drains In Bathroom
Things that you’ll need to prepare:
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsps of citrus rinds
- 1 cup of ice cubes (optional)
Steps that you’ll need to do:
- Pour the baking soda and white vinegar to the sink disposal, you will see the bubbles resulted by the mixture. Those bubbles will remove the debris and deodorize it at the same time. Let the bubbles work for 5 to 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the mixture of vinegar and baking soda to work, start boiling the water. Then, pour the water down the disposal to flush out the loose debris that clogs the drain.
- To remove the odor of the vinegar and baking soda, you can place the citrusA�rinds. It will refresh and remove the smell of the mixture.
- If you don’t have the citrus rinds, you mix the ice cubes and baking soda, then run the mixture through the disposal.
Also, don’t forget to clean the popup stopper by just simply remove the debris from its body. Then, wash the stopper using the clear water.
(Read also:A�Top 20 Deep Bathtubs for Small Bathrooms)
The steps areA�so simple, aren’t they? Obviously! It’s a much wiser idea to use those materials than the chemical one since its much safer and more convenient!
Have a pleasant bathroom then!