How to navigate to the closest grocery store may sound quite complicated for some of you. It may be quite confusing to find out the right direction so you can arrive at the destination effectively.
But no worries, for those who find it difficult to figure out the closest grocery store, we have compiled a brief guide on how to navigate the closest grocery store for your ultimate reference.
Use GPS-based applications
A recent survey stated that 7.26 billion people in the world use smartphone or 91% of the world’s population own at least one mobile device. Therefore, there’s a huge chance that you also have one.
As you may have been aware, there are some reliable smartphone applications that can show you the right directions to your destination. The most popular options are Google Maps and Waze which you can download from any application store. These kinds of applications use GPS (Global Positioning System) which utilizes the function of satellites to show you particular directions.
Here’s what you need to do to find the closest grocery stores by using smartphone applications:
- Type ‘grocery store’ on the search bar of Google Maps or Waze.
- The app will show you the list of the closest grocery stores and you can choose one that suits you best.
- Once you have chosen one, you will see the turn-by-turn direction that you can follow easily. The map will navigate the direction from your current location to the chosen store.
The apps even provide a voice feature, so you can listen to the directions that the voice tells you without keep looking at the phone. This feature is helpful if you are finding nearby grocery stores while driving or riding a bike.
Most people would recommend Google Maps if you prefer to use the smartphone app, here’s why:
- It allows you to filter the option with your very own preferences so you can narrow down the options.
- You can choose the mode of transportation that you currently use.
- There are three view options which are map view, satellite view, and terrain view. You can always choose the one that really suits your needs.
- Google allows users to give some reviews regarding the places that they have visited. You can refer to those reviews to determine whether it’s a good store or not. The prices, service quality, stocking, and other indicators will help you to compare one store to another. You can also write your own review as long as you have a personal Google account.
- The street view that Google Maps provides allows you to see the street of your route up close. You’ll be able to see the nearby buildings and landmarks that further help you to find the closest grocery store effectively.
If you still get lost after using the apps, you try to call the store’s hotline which will help you in real time. Also, don’t hesitate to stop and ask for directions even from a stranger when you are really unfamiliar with the area. Some kind strangers may also share some helpful tips to find the best nearby grocery stores in the area.
Besides your smartphone, you can also use your computer on how to navigate to the closest grocery store. It’s actually quite similar to using your phone in which you will rely on GPS directions.
Here’s what you need to do to find the closest grocery stores by using computer navigation:
- Open the web browser on your computers like Google Chrome, Opera Browser, or Microsoft Edge. (A lot of users recommend Google Chrome which offers the best performance)
- Type ‘grocery store’ on the search bar of the web browser, and use Google for a more effective search engine.
- You will see the list of the closest grocery stores and you can choose one that suits you best. Each list will have a navigation button that you can click.
- Once you have clicked one, you will see the turn-by-turn direction that you can follow easily. The map will navigate the direction from your current location to the chosen store.
- You can remember the direction if you have a good memory. Alternatively, you can either print out the page that shows the direction or capture the screen with your mobile phone.
There are other navigating devices besides smartphones and computers that you can consider, which include:
- Compass – This device will help to direct you when you are using a physical map. Keep in mind to always memorize the direction.
- GPS Device – This type of device mostly comes in a handy design that you can bring everywhere conveniently. It allows you to find the closest grocery store and plot out the route to the destination.
(You may also like: 20+ DIY Bathroom Storage Ideas That You Can Create Easily)
Map out the route
If you are the type of person who doesn’t really like to use gadgets or is not really comfortable using them for navigation, then you can try to map out the route in your memory.
It may sound old-fashioned but it’s suitable for some people. Besides, this manual method may prevent you from making necessary detours or even getting lost. That being said, you have to make sure that you remember all the stops that you pass by.
Here’s what you need to do to find the closest grocery stores by mapping out the route in your memory:
- Determine your regular starting point and your favorite closest grocery stores.
- Map the route from the starting point to the closest grocery stores by referring to the main roads and intersections.
- You may want to bring a notebook to write down the landmarks or checkpoints that you pass along the way. This will ease you to remember the route to the closest grocery store.
- Once you are sure that you have planned the route, you can easily visualize the turn-by-turn direction that you can follow whenever you need to get some groceries.
Ask someone around you
If you just moved to your current location and barely know everything around you, consider asking the neighbor to figure out the closest grocery stores. This is a good way to get to know the people who live nearby so you can get socialized. You can also ask your friends on family members who are more familiar with the area.
One thing that you have to make sure of is to always be polite and respectful when you are asking about the closest grocery stores. They will be so happy to show you the right direction!
Benefits of using the app to find the closes grocery store
Using Google Maps, Waze, or other navigating devices to find the closes grocery store will give you a lot of benefits, such as:
- Time-saving – Of course, by knowing the right direction that the devices show, you can save time, money, and energy. It prevents you from making unnecessary trips since the app will show the exact location from where you are to the closest grocery store.
- Fresh stuff – Taking an effective trip to the closest grocery store will also help you to get fresh foods without hassle. You can buy the most recent stocks available since you don’t spend a lot of time finding the store.
- Win the sales – Once you have learned about how to navigate closest grocery store, you don’t have to worry about losing the sales since a lot of people are hunting for the same stuff as you are. You can get to the store quickly without hassle.
Grocery Shopping Fun Facts
Now you have learned some effective ways on how to navigate to the closest grocery store. To make your shopping experience feels more exhilarating, check out some fun facts that we have compiled just for you below!
The best time to visit a grocery store
Going to a grocery store either early morning or late at night is a wiser idea. It’s because if you come to the store at lunchtime or after work, you may need to deal with tons of people who come at the same time as you. It’s considered the busiest time of the day when it comes to a grocery store visit.
If you have your favorite grocery store, you may want to learn about its particular busiest time. If the store is busiest around 10 am to 12 pm, then try to avoid coming during that time.
Planning your trip before going to the grocery store is important so you can avoid the busiest time there and finish your grocery shopping faster.
The best day to visit a grocery store
Wednesday is said as the best day to visit a grocery store since most of the stores often offer discounts in bulk on Wednesday. Besides, Wednesday is also typically the slowest day of grocery shopping so you won’t get trapped in crowds and long lines.
Every city must have the best grocery store which is located close to your home, by the help of some GPS-based devices, you can find one easily and effectively. There’s no need to worry about getting lost or visiting a bad store anymore.
The features that the app provides will tell you information so you can have the best grocery shopping experience.