Nowadays, many shops sell various items as aesthetic as possible because many people are looking for something with an attractive point. Of course, the main function has to be working but if it looks eye-pleasing, it will become a big plus point.
One of the home decor items that many people choose with an attractive charm is reed diffusers. Just like perfumes, reed diffusers have a lot of scent options. They also are considered safer decor items than electric or fired ones such as scented candles.
(We would also recommend: How to Style Interiors with Red Hues | Easy Guides)
If you want to make your reed diffuser works at its best, we have some tips that can help you to get a better experience with diffusers.
How to Optimize the Usage of Reed Diffusers
The size of the room absolutely affects the usage of reed diffusers both the stick and the liquid. The bigger the room the more you need the usage of sticks and the liquid will be deducted faster. Air circulation is also one of the factors that ‘control’ the duration of the diffusers.
Depending on the size of the room, you might need to use up to two diffusers if one is not enough. However, since fragrance is something that is more personal, you are free to use any scent and number of bottles at once.
Just like perfumes, the number of scent variations is numerous from the calming to the fresh one. Some products even make a specific scent for each room and provide the information for every combination, for example:
- Saffron, amber wood, cedar (soft, elegant, calming)
- Bergamot, lavender, labdanum (fresh, masculine)
- Pear, freesia, musk (fresh, sweet floral)
- Pink pepper, coffee, vanilla (soft, sweet)
- Poppy, barley, black currant (fresh, sweet fruity)
- Oud, rose, benzoin (soft, woody, calming)
Again, when it comes to fragrance, it depends on personal preference so if you like something fresh in your bedroom instead of something elegant, then go ahead with your choice!
(We would also recommend: What to Consider Before Purchasing Furniture | 5 Tips You Must Know)
Scent projection is basically the power of scented products can produce which can usually be measured by the distance it can be smelled. The stronger the projection the fewer stick you will need, again, this depends on personal preference.
If we compare the projection to a makeup product like a foundation, concealer, or compact powder, we can categorize it into sheer, light, medium, and high or full coverage finish. There are reed diffusers that are not too strong but there are also ones that are really strong and can be smelled from the other rooms.
In general, there are two types of materials to make reed sticks, they are rattan and fiber. The difference between these two materials are:
- Rattan sticks: this material is usually used to create a softer and more subtle scent finish since it absorbs the product slower. This stick is usually used for product that is designed for a bedroom or working space that need a calming effect and not really distractive.
- Fiber sticks: this one is the opposite of the rattan stick. Fiber sticks absorb product faster and help to project it wider. It suits best for a larger room like a living room, dining room, bathroom, and outdoor area.
Well, the theory says that but again, it depends on the scent projection. If the manufacturer produces reed diffusers with sheer or light projection, even if you put five sticks, the scent will remain soft.
(We would also recommend: How to Choose and Arrange Wall Arts by Yourself)
Of course, the best way to get the best result is by following the manufacture’s instructions. On the bottle or the packaging, you will find the detailed instruction on how to use the product. Some instructions that we find on the market and you might want to try are:
- Gently shake the product before using it.
- Put the sticks in the bottle, let them sit for 20-30 minutes, and turn them over upside down. The purpose of this step is to make sure the product is absord all over the stick.
- Turn the stick upside down every 2-3 days.
- Change the stick after 2 weeks.
Reed diffusers are one of the popular decor items that many people like because they not only make the room smells nice but also look cute. Knowing the right method can optimize the usage of the reed diffuser.
Image source: Depositphotos